Cannot view part of the software options ... bottom screen is cover the options

Can you fix it so I can actually change all the options? Thank you

@Thomas_Anders, did you try maximizing the Preform window to full screen? This menu is cut off on my computer, as well, unless I increase the size of the window. I’ll let our Software team know that users are noticing this.

Thanks Arusso and yes that was at full screen. The image you are seeing in my post is a screen shot of the whole screen and as you can see … nothing else visible in the corners. I appreciate letting them know.

I guess @Thomas_Anders is using a resolution lower than 1920x1080

@JohnHue … apologies (not sure that is the correct word here actually) … but my equipment that I use PreForm on has a maximum setting of 1366x768 … I cannot do 1920x1080 unfortunately. Don’t really want to have to purchase a separate monitor for each of my two laptops that I use to run my printer with just to easily change one box setting. (I’ve rewritten this 3 times and its still sounds snarky … I promise its not). Just don’t have the funds to have a serious monitor to run my printer.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with your setup, no need to apologize and my comment wasn’t meant to be degrading, sorry if it came out that way.

It’s commonplace nowadays to see software not working properly with lower resolution, as developers assume 1080p is the minimum resolution… which is totally wrong as 1366x768 accounts for about 20 to 28% of PCs and 1080p account for only 18 to 20% depending on continent/country.

In any case, requesting a software to be used fullscreen on a 1080p display just in order to run correctly isn’t good design either.

@JohnHue … ah gotcha … glad you understood my tone.

The other big problem I have I would love to have fixed since I use to laptops with higher end graphics cards but not nearly the memory/processors of a PC. I really really really wish that when a set up has a blue check for printability that it saved that with a file. I normally have to wait 15 minutes after I load a file that has zero problems (and had zero problems when I saved it) for that blue check to appear so that I can send the file to the printer to print (as PreForm crashes on both my laptops if I try to print before it finishe) Just gotten used to do other errands for work while I wait for a useless printability check to finish each time that is completely and utterly unnecessary. They just need to save the Blue check with the file as a boolean variable and then on loading … see it and go straight to blue check status without running it. Same for making clones of blue checked items … that should not trigger a printability check. Making using PreForm utterly painful when my time is short.

But I’m sure the folks at PreForm only use high end systems for their designs and as you say … they are not coding it for folks like me. A sad fact I got used to long ago. :wink:

You’re not full screen mode, rather your window has been expanded to fit the desktop size, but you’re not in full screen mode, if you were, the middle icon at the top right corner would be 2 overlapping rectangles, rather than one.

Grab the top of the window, move it arond, then touch the top edge of your screen with it. The window should expand to full screen, but the bottom should be ablve the task bar, and the middle icon in the top right corner I mentioned previously should now be a double, overlapping rectangle

Chiming in here to say that I also have this issue on my laptop screen (3840x2160). In order to access those options I have to move PreForm over to my second monitor (1920x1080).

@Dudemeister … thank you for the suggestion … but it had no effect on getting those bottom boxes to appear when I tried it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I hope this issue is resolved now with PreForm 3.0?