Build platform lifespan

I printed some parts overnight .The print finished in the middle of the night and so it sat for about 3 hours before I took it out of the printer.I had a devil of a time getting the print off the build platform.Is there a lifespan on the build platform? Or could it be because it sat in the printer for a few hours.I havent printed anything in a couple of months and I just replaced the resin tank so could it be related to the resin sitting in the tank for a coup,e of months?

As far as I know there is no lifespan on the build platform. Mine had a bunch of scratches on the surface from the previous user and I cleaned the surface up with an orbital sander and some scotch-brite. I measured the height before and after so I could adjust the Z-Height accordingly if needed but I couldn’t measure any difference. I have not had any problems after resurfacing but do at your own risk if you choose to do so.

Chris

Looks like they come with a bead blasted finish when new. I have noticed with Form 2 that once the aluminum starts to get smooth, losing some of the bead blast texture, the prints become more difficult to remove.

With our Form 1+ I used to sand the platform between each build to allow for easier print removal. As I recall I used 150 grit abrasive paper, in a circular pattern, and cleaned it thoroughly after sanding with IPA. This worked well and I may have to do the same with some of our Form 2 platforms as prints are becoming more difficult to remove from our older (now smoother) platforms.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.