"Blobby" and "Melty" Print Defects

Hi! I have attached pictures of melty / blobby defects from the Fuse 1. 50% of the Fuse prints (since ~October 2021) have some variation of this issue.

The prints run their course with no error messages, and the build chamber is left inside the printer to cool completely.

Has anyone else has experienced similar? Do you have any suggestions to minimize the defects? Any and all suggestions are appreciated – thank you kindly!

What is your wall thickness on the long cylinder to the outside wall? If its less than .6mm there’s a chance it doesn’t print and causes deformation along the line. It looks like its not printed on the bottom right image. Doesn’t really explain the blobs though.

We have had exactly the same problem in one particular area of a print and formlabs have just replaced the top laser window. It had a large blob of a clear sticky substance that they said may be glue from the gaskets. It was causing the laser to almost split into two beams causing the deformation seen on prints. It’s been replaced with a new design. We haven’t tried the printer yet though as it now keeps throwing up an error 61.

Hi @andysredmini,

Sorry for the late reply to this post, but I wanted to make sure that you were able to get in touch with our Support Team to get this problem looked into. Please do submit a ticket if not and they will be sure to help!

Thanks for the reply. Our problem was completely solved with the new laser window as my previous post.

Thanks
Andy

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for confirming! Take care!

Hello,
I am having exactly the same problem and also suspected that it is the optical window. I already ordered a new one. could you post pictures of your window with the new design so I can make sure the one I get is the new one.
thanks

1 Like