Best orientation for dimensional accuracy?

:joy: if you lived close by I would be happy to sell you the F3 and then buy the F4 from youā€¦but I doubt we are in the same location (Vancouver, Canada)

1 Like

Hi @leonhart88 -

Not even close, couriers back and forth will most likely cost a fortune, I am in South Africa. Sounds like you know the secret to making Form4 prints looks good?

I am not writing It off just yet, but would have been nice if support would join the forum and maybe assist?

Regards
Friedl

I sent you a message in the hopes that it helps you out.

1 Like

Haha thatā€™s too bad.

I donā€™t actually, but I have confidence the system will improve over time as it did with the F3.

1 Like

For $4500 the product should be ready to go, but instead the early customers unknowingly become beta testers for like the first year or so. Heck, look at the Fuseā€¦ that thing is STILL broken.

It should also perform better than those couple hundred dollar machines that the market is flooded with.

1 Like

Hi @Friedl_1977 weā€™re so sorry that the local team there hasnā€™t been able to support you. I see my teammate @Shiden has also supported you on a parallel thread Printing Reliable functional parts with From4, truth to myth? - #8 by Friedl_1977, but if youā€™d still like to connect directly to our support team, the next best step is to get in touch with our centralized support team directly. Please email support@formlabs.com and that will open up a case with our agents, regardless of your location.

Orientation is definitely a case by case issue and by working with you directly can better understand what might be going wrong in your case. Thanks so much for your patience.

1 Like

Hi @verdugod

Thank you for reaching out.

I do not blame them as it is brand new machine for too right :slight_smile: As long as Formlabs is willing to assist. @Shiden did reach out in another thread and offered to assist by, for a start, print one of my models and see how it goes.

As I mentioned before, the reason I bought Formlabs as apposed to something along the lines of Uniformation or Phrozen, is that I need to print functional parts of good enough quality that I feel comfortable selling it to clients. I am still hoping this can be achieved using the Form4 :wink:

1 Like

Hi @br4n_d0n

I was hoping that is the case. Have not given up all hope yet, letā€™s see how this turns out, hehe.

I almost bought one of these, but what drove to me to Formlabs was the fact that is just about the only one I could find showcasing actual functional parts printed as assessed to miniatures and dragons. Donā€™t get me wrong those are amazing to say the least, but it is not what I would use this tool for. The irony is that so far the only thing I have been able to print with good results was a couple of Astronauts Phil figurines :rofl:

You can still do functional parts on most of these cheap printers. You just need to use the correct resin for the type of application. Also, most of them allow you the use of any resin so you could purchase from anyone.

1 Like

Hi -

I figuredā€¦ as it was never showcased though I decided to go with Formlabs. That and the fact that it is really pretty machine :rofl:

Yeah, Iā€™ll give them that