Add Form Cure widget to Form3 screen

Hello.

I found it fun when you added the hidden game to the Form 3 interface screen.

However, a REALLY useful thing to add to it would be the widget showing maximum and recommended cure times for the form cure. This would avoid having to rely on a computer to check these when getting a print finished.

Adding the tale of wash times would also be a great bonus!

3 Likes

I simply laminated a hardcopy of the PDFs found here https://support.formlabs.com/s/article/Form-Wash-Time-Settings and https://support.formlabs.com/s/article/Form-Cure-Time-and-Temperature-Settings and put them next to the printer…

Right. But these get adjusted, and change as resins get reformulated.
Having an up-to-date version pushed with firmware updates to the printer so it can be consulted on-screen would be an ideal solution…

It ought to show the recommended Wash and Cure times for the specific resin you printed, or give you a button to do so, on the screen that comes up when you finish a print.

@DKirch maybe you could put this on a feature suggestion list.

(ps. I have stickers on my Wash and Cure as well, but eventually they get degraded by dripped alcohol and it’s a pain redoing them whenever there’s a change)

That makes sense, even though by the time you get to curing your part (after washing and support removal) the printer may be printing another material, so being able to look things up would be useful!

1 Like

I think is a very good idea. If preform has this info (And in the dashboard too) you can check and, most important, check in an updated source.

J

That’s funny; I sent a feature request to support literally asking for the same thing at almost the same time you made this post.

+1

Hey! They did it! Effectively.

The latest PreForm (3.6.0) comes with a Cure firmware update, and now you can just select the material type with the knob on the Cure and it’ll set the settings for you.

fomrcure

So: :+1:

Cool! I haven’t played with it yet. In that second picture, are you able to scroll to the next two lines and override the time and temperature? Or do you need to pick something like “Custom” first in the first screen? I’m basically trying to get a sense of how many extra turns and presses it takes if you aren’t using stock resins or profiles.

Tough 2000 only has one prescribed time. For other resins, did they make any attempt to distinguish between “recommended” vs “full” times?

In that second picture, are you able to scroll to the next two lines and override the time and temperature?

Yes; you can directly modify the time and temperature on that screen, no extra turns or presses compared to before. It’ll just switch the text to “Custom” automatically as soon as you modify one of the settings. It stays set at the previous settings after the cure finishes just as before, as well.

You only need to go into an extra menu if you want to change the current settings to some material preset. Otherwise it’s the same UI, just an extra line to jump out to a preset menu.

(My photos were in the opposite of UI order, wasn’t really thinking about it, sorry for any confusion, I guess I went for the exciting part first. The second photo is the initial screen.)

Tough 2000 only has one prescribed time. For other resins, did they make any attempt to distinguish between “recommended” vs “full” times?

Grey V4 recommended time is 30 min, full time is 60 min, both at 60 C. In the menu, “Grey” sets it to 30 min @ 60 C (recommended time) and it’s the only preset for standard Grey. So I assume the presets are for the recommended times, for resins that have that behavior.

1 Like

Thanks for that thorough description!

My appreciation goes out to whoever implemented this at Formlabs, it sounds like it was done sensibly.