Where dem videos at?

Argh! I wish we could edit our damn posts on this forum so I wouldn’t have to keep adding new posts when I figure out new information…

Anyway…

The Form1 has been sitting on my desk in its off/standby mode for a couple days. I just grabbed the 1 A AC adapter (the one that I had used as a temporary replacement) and it was warm. That seems odd to me as I’m interpreting the warmth as evidence that the Form1 is using a fair amount of electricity, even when off. You’d think the standby mode would not use much power at all.

I think I’ll plug it in again and use my Kill-A-Watt to test how much juice it’s actually using…

1 minute in: hmmm… the AC adapter isn’t pulling any wattage according to the Kill-A-Watt. That’s good, but it makes me wonder why it was so warm a couple minutes ago.

Alternative source that could be original source, good luck with it anyway.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?pv1120=255&FV=fff40009%2Cfff8004a%2C4f8005c%2C15800002&k=dc+power+supply&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25

40+ hours later the Kill-A-Watt doesn’t show any electricity usage to speak of (0.02 kWh). I wonder what was going on before. A bug? My imagination? I dunno.

In other news: Formlabs are sending me a new AC adapter. :slight_smile: