What's wrong with my printer?

Your laser is out of focus. Do the Laser Spot Test and you will see for yourself.

Haha, I find myself is not alone. I have similar problem as Josh had.

The FormLabs support team is currently helping me diagnose the problem. I am broadcasting the process in this thread:

https://support.formlabs.com/entries/72037107-Mushroom-like-printing-failure?page=1#post_25714888

It seems like that is happening to mine as well. I’m wondering if the galvos need cleaning as well as laser replacement. Strangely, I am seeing the mushrooming about midway through printing.

Temujin, Have you contacted their support team? I doubt it’s the laser problem. In today’s Form1+, they introduced a new laser module. Hope it will work it out. But my printer is still in the trouble shooting process.

Hi David, How long it took them to get the printer replaced? My previous adherence problem took about one month. Really wish it can be faster this time.

From what I remember, the initial troubleshooting took anywhere from ~2 days to ~2 weeks.  After I got the shipping label each printer took around 2-3 weeks for shipping and replacement approval / release of shipment to having the printer arrive in my hands.

Thanks David! Since the begin of this April, we got the first printer, the cumulative normal & functional usage of Form1 is less than 3 weeks. How about yours? Hope this time, the replacement process could be faster.  Also cross my figures for the Form1+.