Use bottle resin with Form 2?

Hello Jory,

Can we use heating with open mode ? And can we create exposure preference for the 3rd part resin ?

Thank

Patrick, heating is disabled for Open Mode and you will not be able to adjust exposure. Itā€™s important to note that while weā€™ve implemented the Open Mode featureā€¦we are still not officially supporting 3rd party resin usage.

Jory

I uderstand that you donā€™t make the support of 3rd part resin but it was good to let us choose what we can use with this. I donā€™t see what can happens if you let us heating the others resin. If you make an open mode normaly users can choose the different application that we can use. I have buy the form 2 for is accuracy and the open mode, because my wife is chemist and make me resin for my others printer and it would be well if i can use this in the form 2. You can make an open licence like the kudo 3D . This is my mind

Thanks for all

Patrick

vendorcoughlockincough

so sad.

What does the Form2 heater look like?

I think itā€™s built into the cartridge, but I may be mistaken.

I would hope that Open Mode not disable Refilling and heating, as both should be able to function with third party resin. Understandably you canā€™t make any promises for performance. Is there a functional reason to disable those features in Open Mode, or is it a product positioning decision?

It feels like getting refill bottles for the cartridges would be a slightly cheaper and more environmentally friendly way to go than just buying new cartridges every time.

Iā€™d love to be able to buy 1 black cartridge, then a gallon jug of black resin to refill it from.

Iā€™ll quote my colleague Zach on the reasons why Open Mode functionality is currently this way:

Thanks for that post - itā€™s good at least knowing the reasoning behind it.

This topic was automatically closed 12 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.