Updating Support Structure in PreForm

Is there a way to update the support structure of a part in PreForm? For example when i change from no raft to mini raft, PreForm does not update the support structure. Instead, you have to change some of the touching points and hit apply to generate a new support structure.
Thanks for any help in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Racoon71 ,

If I understand correctly, I believe that when you change the dropdown from No Raft to Mini Raft, for example, it is telling PreForm to follow these guidelines the next time you generate supports. This won’t change the actual support structure that has already been attached to a file until you tell PreForm to Auto-Generate with the newly selected settings. I hope this helps, but please feel free to reply with any follow-up questions if you have any.

Hi @Corey_M
Thanks for your reply. That’s kind of my question. It would be great if there would be a update-button to alter the settings. For example, when i change the raft-type or the size of the touchpoints, nothing happens. When i hit Auto-Generate, it updates the support structure, but at the same time it also does what it says - it autogenerates new support. And when i already deleted some of the touchpoints i don’t want, it generates new ones there.
I need to enter the editing-mode and just make a small change to one of the touchpoints, then hit apply and it calculates the support as i wanted it.
I hope you understand what i mean :upside_down_face:

Hi @Racoon71 ,

Due to the complex nature of what PreForm has to calculate and then put into action, it does seem that this needs to be its own separate function to generate a new set of supports and raft each time. Since each support needs to be connected to the raft (or build platform when rafts are turned off), there needs to be a complete rework of the support structure.

If you do use the Edit feature (as you mentioned at the end of your comment) you can indeed adjust specific support locations as well as selecting batches of supports (drag and drop method) to adjust touchpoint size all at once. This is very helpful when you are printing a bulky model with small details and features, you can notch down the touchpoint size on small, delicate areas. I hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.