PreForm 2.18.0 is a recommended update, which includes several new features and several changes that focus on improving the efficiency and versatility of support structures.
- Print directly on the build platform. Enable “On Build Platform” in the Supports menu to print parts directly on the build platform and to generate supports only where necessary. These supports adhere to the build platform with small pads, instead of the typical raft (or base).
- Replace model. When a source STL or OBJ file is updated, right-click the model in PreForm, then select “Replace” to load the revised file. PreForm preserves the model size, orientation, and support configurations for minor changes to the source file.
- Onboarding tour. Learn about PreForm from a guided explanation during start-up or from the Help menu.
- Smaller print rafts for ring-shaped parts. The raft has been modified to reduce resin consumption, reduce print times, and ease part removal.
- Simultaneously select and edit multiple support touchpoints. In the Supports menu, select “Edit All…,” then select multiple touchpoints. Change the touchpoint size or delete the selected touchpoints. While editing supports, choose to enable or disable internal supports, and see real-time updates.
- Global supports. PreForm calculates each part’s stiffness and stability and adjusts support structures to reduce a part’s risk of flexing during printing.
- Early layer unioning improves adherence when printing without a raft.
Increased heater target temperature for Tough Resin to improve adherence.