Sunsetting Dental LT Clear V1 Resin

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to provide an update on our Dental LT Clear V1 Resin!

Dental LT Clear V1 Resin will no longer be available for direct purchase beginning on Wednesday, January 3, 2024. We recommend switching to Dental LT Clear V2 or Dental LT Comfort Resin.

Dental LT Clear V2 Resin is a long-term biocompatibility material for directly 3D printing rigid occlusal splints that is highly accurate and polishable.

Dental LT Comfort Resin is a long-term biocompatible material for directly 3D printing flexible occlusal splints in-house. Printed appliances are easily polished to high optical transparency, and offer enhanced comfort and durability that boosts patient adoption and compliance.

Both resins are formulated specifically for Formlabs printers and rigorously tested to meet the mechanical, aesthetics and biocompatibility standards for occlusal splints.

If you have any questions at all about these materials or if this transition presents any particular issues for your workflow, please let me know and I’d be happy to connect you with the right resources.

I often times wan’t to do work in clear resins… could this also be used on the 3+ is it any better optically then the normal clear resin?

Hello @illuminatedRS -

Thank you for your question on clear resins.

So, Dental LT clear cannot be used on the 3+, as it is for use on our 3B+/3BL lines of printers as it is a biocompatible material. That said, Clear resin is equally as good for polishing if you’re looking to get a part to optical clarity.

Warm regards,
-Jen