Small hole

Good morning. I found a small problem. It found a small hole in the head of modeling. Why is this? I wonder why. Do we need to place the supports more tightly? I did not see any problems in the preform program.

This hole is very small, but we have to restore it. And this happens often.

thank you

It’s a bit tricky to tell from the pictures but there could be a few different causes for this. Does the hole terminate all the way through the model or is it local to that one spot? If it terminates all the way through, there could be dust on your optical window or mirrors obscuring the laser at that location.

Otherwise, we’ll sometimes see this when there are undersupported features or local minima in the model. Cured resin in the tank could also cause this. Other examples or more images of the hole in this print would help us to diagnose.

Is the model solid or hollowed? If it is hollowed, that may be the issue: Printing a sealed cup topology can be problematic; adding a tiny vent hole can alleviate that sort of problem.

Yeah. Looks like a pressure crack to me.

We can see the head is supported at the top of the skull, and there is no vent hole = cupping.

Solution, make a small hole in the model at the point that is closest to the build platform based on the orientation you’re using.

We purchased a new formlabs2. The 3d printer is new. The optical window has no dust and the tank is new. Also, the point where the holes occur is always similar. The edge part of the head. There are many other examples of holes in printouts, but they always occur in the same area. The edge of the head as shown in the picture example.

We tried it, but there is another hole in the space between them. If so, should we make more columns?

The genus of the output is empty. I do not know why. I think it is thick enough

When you say the genus of the output is empty, I assume you mean there are no holes penetrating the model. If the inside is hollow (i.e., you are trying to print something that’s topologically a sealed volume), then you will likely see this sort of artifact. The solution is to add a tiny hole to vent between the inside and outside of the print at or near the first layer that the inside volume opens up.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.