Resin Tank Material Switch 3L?

I’m very new to resin printing to start… All of my experience is FDM.

My question is, how do I clean my resin tank so that I can switch from my Durable material to Rigid 10k. I just emptied my tank into a separate container and I have the feeling I’m doing this wrong. Am I supposed to have a tank for every material?

Thank you in advance!

Yes. You are supposed to have a resin tank for every material. It’s better like this.

1 Like

Wow, ok. It makes sense to me now looking at it more. I attempted to clean the skimmer and realized how difficult that would be so I started to think that I might not need to clean the tank; just get a new one.

This is not mandatory. But more convenient. Welcome to the resin 3d printing! More messy than FDM, but more precise parts as well. :grinning:

I just placed an order for a few more tanks, convenience is what I need as I am the only one doing the printing at our company.

Yes I’m quickly understanding the “messy” part of this process! The thing I don’t fully grasp yet is how to fully clean and re-use a tank with a different material without cross contamination??

All the informations are here from Formlabs;

Inspecting and cleaning resin tanks (Form 3L/Form 3BL) (formlabs.com)

Replacing the resin tank (Form 3L/Form 3BL) (formlabs.com)

Disposing of resin tanks (formlabs.com)

Thank you Bill!

1 Like

I have a form 1+ there are no more resin tanks my printer it’s working well. Should I take my printer to trash? I’m very hungry with formlabs because they have left support form 1+ the next will be form 2 and etc. I have hoped by form 7 to be actual?

there was mention of another company a few years ago making replacement tanks. need to search threads if it was not deleted

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.