Resin Filter Procedure

I ran out of plastic containers to filter resin into, and I’ve been wanting to build a solution for a while, so I went to the dollar store last night and picked up some supplies.

The square container that the resin filters into is $1.25. Popcorn bucket was the same price. To test, I used cardboard to hold the popcorn bucket which holds the filter.

The problem I was having with using a regular yogurt sized container was the crevices and lip around the top prevented all the resin from being recovered. Switching to a square, shallow container means I can use the metal scraper that comes with the printer to get all the resin back into the tank.

dw

2 Likes

I use a clear plastic pint tumbler to filter the resin into, this is so I can see when the resin has stopped flowing.
I tip the filtered resin straight into the tray while it is in place in the printer. When the tumbler is nearly empty I balance it on top of the wiper and wait until the resin has completely drained into the tray.
I have the build platform out of the printer during the whole of the filtering to remind me not to start the next print.

1 Like

Spot on, use the same method myself… secret is make life as simple as possible.