Prototype for face mask for NIV

Hello everybody!

I am trying to print a prototype of face masks for non-invasive ventilation (NIV) (see figures below and figures 2-3-4 on this paper to get an idea of the model Development of a 3D Individualized Mask for Neonatal Non-Invasive Ventilation - PMC )

I have designed a prototype but I am finding it very hard to print with my Form 3B, using both the Flex80A (transparent) and BiomedBlack. The problem is that the inside concave part (i.e., the part in contact with the face) and the flow pathway come out filled (see pics below).

Do you have any suggestions/explanations on why this is happening and how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Hi @pposabella,

Thanks for reaching out about this and for sharing those photos. It’s fairly unusual that holes of that size would close up in the finished print as shown. I would recommend getting in touch with our Support Team, sharing these photos along with the .form file used for printing. The issue may have to do with the file itself, and Support would be able to narrow this down further.

1 Like

Are you printing with rafts or directly on the platform?

Printing with the rafts.

However, I contacted the support, the problem was in the creation of the CAD file :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.