Prolonged print time

Over the past few weeks my fom2 seems to be slowing down. A small print with engagement rings would normally take 4&1/2 hours, they’re now taking 7hrs.
The printer is accurately predicting the time. I’ts telling me it will take 7hrs.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi @Rvinten ,

Thanks for reaching out; do you know if you recently updated the firmware or Preform version that you were using? And if you maybe switched to a smaller layer height (which would potentially double your print time from going from 50µm to 25µm for example)? These are a couple of changes that could potentially affect how long a print would take.

If you haven’t made any of the above changes, I would advise reaching out to our Support Team so that they can probe further and help ensure you have the most accurate print times possible.

1 Like

Thats it, thank you, i hadn’t noticed the resolution had changed, makes perfect sense. Thank you

1 Like

Hi @Rvinten ,

I am glad to hear that everything got sorted out! Changing the resolution can definitely be worth the time investment on more complex and detailed parts, but for a lot of more simple geometries it will only add a lot of time for not too much payoff. We have some recommendations and guidelines to help decide when going for speed over quality, or vice versa.