Prints with bubbles, prints only supports, optic test fail

Hello,

We got a lot of problems with our printer. We use printer to “manufacture” plastic parts and we always prints the same elements now.

Problem 1
Prints are printing great until we change resin catrige to new ( catrige was producet on octomber 2017). The prints starts to have bubbles inside.

A lot of bubbles in the tank:

Problem 2

Only few elements was printed in half, rest of it are printed only supports:

Below optics tests:

Any ideas?

Best Regards,
Damian

Hi Draverik,

Since how long are you running your printer?

We have the same kind of problem with our printer but it does not happen solely because we replace the resin cartridge. It just happen over time even if we take extra care to follow all the official cleaning and maintenance procedure. We have one printer fully down because the deterioration it got to the point that parts are always falling and partially printing.

We bought it in january and until now we had zero problems. Resin cost so much so this problems are unacceptable…

I don’t understand the part geometry from the pictures you posted.
Are you saying that areas that are SUPPOSED to be solid, are coming out with a thin exterior shell and voids internally?

These look to be very thin dish shaped objects… They appear to have 3 solid bridges between one side and the other, that implies they are supposed to be hollow internally?

Can you post images of the model itself?

If the tough resin you’re printing in getting foamy in the tank?

yes, the resin is getting foamy in the tank.

Model look like this:

Hey there, @Draverik,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post here. I’m so sorry to hear about these frustrating print results! That’s absolutely not the experience we want any of our users to have.

I’ll be honest, the discrepancy between your model and the printed parts is pretty severe, but those results, and the optics test you printed both point to optical degradation being the main issue you’re running into. This may be due to the actual power output from the laser, or there could be contamination on optical surfaces that are causing a similar looking result.

The easiest and quickest thing to check is the resin tank itself. Do you have a fresh tank available to you, and does that tank produce better results than what we’re seeing here?

If you haven’t already, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our support team at the link below. They should be able to dig into your printer’s diagnostic logs so we can get a better idea of what might be going on.

https://support.formlabs.com/s/contact-support?language=en_US

Again, I want to apologize for these results, but I’m sure we’ll be able to get you back up and running at 100% pretty efficiently.

This looks to me like the model is a RING shaped object-
but ALL your results show a flat plane across the ring- like to bottom of a pan.

This- plus the supports printing with no object- leads me to suspect that your model has corrupted geometry that does not correctly describe a true solid.

You may have optics issues as well… but the pictures of the prints, and the Model do not match.

Are the pictures of OTHER model?

You should try verifying your model in some other app that has an Object doctor and can tell you if the STL version of the model is a true solid- with no fugitive geometry- no duplicate polygons or Co-incident points.

Thanks for answer. We will send the printer for warranty service.

Sculptingman, the models are fine, we still print the same models from the same file, previous printouts came out perfectly.

I think it will be laser problem. If we solve the problem I will let you know.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.