Printing with castable resin, how is the detail? How is the process? Do you recomend? I am a jeweler and it is very important to be be able to cast

Printing with castable resin, how is the detail? How is the process? Do you recommend? I am a jeweler and it is very important to be be able to cast. Do you have any issues printing with the new castable resin?

Hi Julio,
Castable Resin is Great for Jewelry ! , the details are quite impressive with a smooth surface for even very small items, and is to be used with the recommended burning out process as well as Plasticast.
I find there is a downside on the software Preform 1.9.0 regarding the support structure point size that only goes down to 0.40mm and it used to be 0.20 mm on previous versions of the software, and I think to detach small items this number should be lot smaller 0.12 - 0.15 for an easy removal as well to keep the model clean.
The Other Issue that I find on the Form 1+ is when laying down multiples of the same model on the built up platform, you probably will have a slight differential in Millimeters depending on where you have placed your models on the platform, and In my case even with playing with the fine tuning x/y scale did not help.
This sometimes, can have some impact on your models to built, and you may have to change the position on the platform to get the measurements that you are aiming for specially for jewelry
Otherwise I would highly recommend Formlabs 1+ with the Castable Resin .
Christophe

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.