Printing a full model

Hi,

We are scanning our patients but the print always has a flaw half way through the print (teeth to tissue)
How can we fix this issue. The scan is near perfect, the flaw is flash on the palate or lingual flange on the
Lower.

John

Hi John,

Can you upload the .form file as well as some photos of the flaw, and I’ll look into it for you?

Thanks,
Henry

Hi Henry,

I can’t upload picture because the case is already gone. The case had a pvs impression and a scan. We don’t need to fix the current case we need to prevent it happening in the future.

John

Hi John,

I understand you don’t need to fix the current case, but it’s difficult for us to help prevent an issue from happening again in the future if we don’t have enough info to identify what went wrong. If you’re able to replicate the issue, or if it happens again, you can submit a ticket here and we’ll get you the resources you need. Best of luck!

Henry

Thanks Henry,

Is there a tutorial or step by step way to import a case and position it. We used the auto generate
for each step.

John

Hello,

How do you add extra supports or sprues if you auto generate the setup?

John

Supports can be generated automatically by clicking Auto-Generate All or individually placed by clicking “Edit All…” Manually edit the support structure to preserve a model’s fine details. Clicking areas where supports meet the model controls the amount, size, and placement of touchpoints.

Here is our support article about editing advanced settings for supports in Preform