Printer name is misspelled on alerts (SOLVED)

UPDATE: Found a solution, so this is kind of a stupid forum post! I don’t know if anyone else has had this problem…I’m thinking it’s kind of rare. It’s about a misspelling on a printer name on alerts, NOT changing the printer’s “serial name.” I can’t find a way to delete this post, so I’ll leave it up.

Something strange…

I LOVE the feature that gives me alerts that my printer has started or finished a print. And something has bothered me for awhile…the alerts on my phone and Apple Watch show the name misspelled. I’ve noticed something was off, but it wasn’t until today that I realized it’s a typo.

I’ve had the printer for a year and a half, so I don’t really remember what I did to set it up. But in my “day job” I’m an editor, and I would have never misspelled the name of the printer. It had to have automatically populated.

Anyway, I’m not sure where to change it…I can’t find anything in the Dashboard. Thoughts?

FOUND A SOLUTION!

If you click the “i” on the upper right corner of the chat window (on an iPhone), it will take you to the participants in the discussion. Tap on the name of the printer (toward the middle…not on the right where the phone icon is), and then you can see the contact info. Click “edit” and edit the contact.

I don’t know yet if that updates the watch as well, but it should fix the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.