Preform doesn't Tilt Flat Surfaces anymore?

Has anyone updated to the latest preform and had issues with the “Auto-Orient Selected” not tilting your flat surfaces anymore? I have had no issues on pre 3.8.0 versions but now on 3.8.0 and 3.8.1 it doesn’t tilt the models to an ideal orientation anymore and I have to do it manually. I’m hoping this is just a setting I’m missing or something. Also I’m printing on a form 2 if that somehow affects this bug.

Edit: I will add that it keeps trying to put a flat surface on the build platform (like it is stuck doing that versus actually orienting it in an ideal way for printing/supports.

1 Like

Update: just downloaded 3.9.0 and still having the same issues. Does anyone know if this is a bug on there end? One of my models without flat slides doesn’t even change orientation after the first attempt. It used to jump around to a new and different orientation ever time.

I had the same question and I believe it is a bug. I’m using the 3.12.0 version and the One-Click print does the same thing. But if you go to Orientation>Auto-Orient Selected it tilts the part.

I am on version 3.12.2 and it does not tilt the part for me. Orientates it like I want to print flat on the bed. If I print as auto-orientated there would be very large surface areas printed at once. Maybe OK for a Form3, but not my Form2. It is almost like it chooses the worst orientation.