Preform 3.7.0 not useable with RDP

We use one machine in our company to generate the printer data. Every employee can access this machine via remote desktop but the Preform Software is not useable as you can see in the picture below. In the software you cannot read anything. When i start the software from local on the same machine everything is fine.

Have you tried other remote desktop software (such as Teamviewer, LogMeIn, etc)? PreForm uses OpenGL, and I believe OpenGL applications don’t always render correctly when started via Windows Remote Desktop (WRD), as WRD renders applications differently.

Hmmm… no problem here with RDP. I’ve just updated Preform to 3.7.0 to test it. This is on Windows 10 at each end.

Weird, it almost looks like a font issue. This is a shot in the dark, but it may be worth turning off/on options like font smoothing, ClearType, etc. and playing with the settings for the specific remote desktop connection.

Strange thing, if i don’t use fullscreen in rdp settings, Preform shows everything fine. If i switch back to fullscreen i can’t read anything.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.