Preform 3.4.1 wacky supports

Hi, seems I am having a lot of issues with the latest Preform, when manually creating supports, the generation of the supports seems to go all wacky, im setting up around 100 objects and this is happening to every 3rd or forth object, it just seems to send one or some of the support legs shooting off in odd directions, some of these can be over half a build platform away, so you can see if I tried to print this it would most certainly fail as the support structure is suspended diagonally across the tray!supports2

I also had such issues, and also problems with single support pillars not interconnected with the rest of the support, and nearly failing.

I can’t see the picture you certainly wanted to attach, however…

I’ve also noticed that the new Preform, at least for my Form 2, does a lot more intense cross bracing that before for supports.

but these ar not even cross braced, there is no support under the left side and some of the crosses are almost horizontal, seems images need to be veted so this one might not show either.

Weird. Note only that but I notice support generation looks very different on the Form 3 now…

I think that’s just black, the latest firmware/preform lists fixes for black on the form 3 so I expect the added geometry is for that, its been failing a lot on my form 2s as well due to being too soft (and both printers were replaced and it still fails)

I’ll check other resins.

And that’s weird, my black prints on my Form 3 have been flawless…

@digitawn you’re right - seems to be only for Black. Somewhat curious/skeptical this was necessary though given my successes in black before. It looks like it will be painful to remove supports though - these are almost all fused together. Also curious how much extra resin this uses. I think I’ll revert back to 3.4.0 for now…

Apparently there’s a new update today that fixes support issues!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.