New annoying squeaking sound on Form 3+

So all of a sudden today my Form 3 + is making a loud squeak that it wasn’t making before. I’m used to the sound it makes when the print bed fully rises between layers, but now it’s making this loud annoying squeak right before that. Is there something I can do to stop that? Is this indicative of something wrong? See vid below.

Form 3+ Squeak vid

That’s a new one, my 3B+ doesn’t sound like that.

1 Like

Check inside whether you see any area scratched. looks like there is a spot where it scratches when the LPU passed by

1 Like

I had tanks making that noise. Only reseating the tank helped. You can also clean the rollers.

1 Like

Mine was doing the same. I cleaned and lubricated the x-axis lead screw and all screeching went away. There’s reference to routine maintenance in the following: https://media.formlabs.com/m/5a3f3cadc639b857/original/-ENUS-Form-3-Manual.pdf

1 Like

I’ll take a look, thanks

I’ll give that a try. Hopefully it’s just the tank, I’ve only had this thing for a month.

thanks! Did you use lithium grease for screw?

Yep…lithium grease.

1 Like

Is there by chahce a video?

Hi @jcamper,

I don’t have a video on hand, but the instructions in Cleaning and Lubricating the X-Axis Lead Screw should help. Please let us know if there’s anything unclear about the procedure, and I’ll advise from there.