Here’s my recent Form 1+ project not printed on the Form 1+.
Our work room where we keep the printer gets super bright, especially in the morning. This is despite having closed blinds on south and west windows. and a 100% light blocking shade on the east window. While the printer is not touched by direct sunlight, I was concerned that the indirect sunlight might gradually affect the resin inside the printer.
My solution was to make a cover for the Form 1+ out of black out material purchased from our local JoAnn Fabric store. The fabric cost $3.50 a yard and a single yard was all I needed.
The room can get pretty dusty too (we live in Los Angeles after all,) so the cover serves double duty as a dust cover.
It’s been a couple of decades since I touched a sewing machine and I wound up stitching this cover twice. The first time, the cover fit the printer fine but it was more snug than I wanted. Fortunately, I cut the fabric with a half-inch seam allowance so I was able to rip the seams and re-stitch it slightly larger. The rounded corners were really tricky but I got the technique down the second time around. I’m considering this a successful ‘prototype’: the cover is still a close fit but it slips off and on easily now. (Hmm…I wonder if I should go into manufacturing these.)
Edit: hmm…$3.50 must have been a limited time sale price but I can still recommend making a cover with this material.