Inacceptable clearance in Model Resin

The settings from yesterday did not work but we are currently trying another print with @kristian’s settings and keeping our fingers crossed! :smile:

Brushing the original topic here, it would appear that with FL Dental Model resin you’re either pretty much dead on across several batches of resin and various different printers, or you’re off by consistent and significant margin. Which makes me think this might be a PreForm issue.

@kristian: Of course it’s a PreForm issue. As long as users print angulated they propably don’t notice that their printer prints different sizes from material to material.

@all: Print my Test files and you’ll see the problem. In White your clearance will be pretty good, in grey V3 smaller, in Model Resin you’ll get the smallest results. (about 0.15mm too small!)
This inaccuray is ONLY on X/Y, so NEVER print this test angulated!

Yes - but I don’t think its a consistent issue among everyone. I wouldn’t measure within 10 microns on a 10-20mm part, even if I print my parts angled, if I was off by 3% on XY.

I’ll run your parts over the weekend when we’re not in the middle of production and see how they come out.

@kristian:
That would be great!
My test is still printed: 2 Times from Formlabs Berlin in grey and Model. Many times on my part on 3 different Form2.
All these Printers had the same result, also the Formlabs engineers. Gideon (from Formlabs) still confirmed these accuray problems at this thread.

Here’s a picture from a 5mm-cube how big the difference between white and model-resin is:

Here you can see the difference between white and grey:

@kristian: Did you print the test-files?

@Randy_Cohen: I’ve tested fine-adjust X/Y on the form2. It’s not possible, because the hole is now oversiced too. The only way to fix it is to scale the cylinders only. It’s a quick and dirty troubleshooting with moderately clearance.

@Dentalspezialist Yep I printed the “Offizieller-Referenzdruck-fuer-Dentalmodelle”. I’m not sure how to read it - I get easy fit on 4-dot one, and nice and tight fit on the 3-dot one. Further away from those 2, it’s too tight/loose.

@kristian
Then you’re lucky, your Printer is very accuray in X/Y and it’s possible to print dental models. You need a 30ym-Spacer radius for best results.
I’m wondering why a few printer get perfect fit and the new one are all much more inaccuray…

Thanks for testing. Formlabs internal test results are too loose even the “0” cylinder…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.