I'm just going to put this here

I recognize there’s an MSDS with plenty of info, and we get gloves with the machine for a reason. However, I know I catch myself being a bit cavalier…

Thanks a lot. I have been wondering about this lately.

The researchers also looked at ways to reduce the toxicity of the plastic, and they found that leaving the plastic for an hour under ultraviolet light worked pretty well.

I wonder if they put the form parts in without curing the resin.

There was a lot of discussion about this on the 3D printing subreddit. Essentially the conclusion was reached that the research was utter garbage and the headlines were essentially to grab attention.

They found that filament based prints had little adverse affects to the fish embryos used in the study. The resin parts were not fully cured so some of the resin mixed into the water within which the embryos were sitting. Curing the part properly (as good print operator should do) brought the impact down to the same levels of the filament parts.

So essentially, don’t go dropping your resin into tanks of embryos and you will be fine.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks, Gary. I’ll look over on Reddit.

dh

Also, with 3D printer materials it’s well known that you need to check if a material is safe for that type of use anyways and the materials are usually labeled as such.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.