I just pulled the trigger :)

You are going to be seeing a lot more of me around here soon… This afternoon I placed my order for a form 2.

My hopes are to use it for some dental modeling (my friends all seem to be dentists) and farm out some services on 3dhubs (already have a successful hub) but mostly for myself.

No idea what I want to do with it, but my form1+ clone since it cant use preform is not great for anything but basic items. I hate having to create support in meshmixer etc.

So here I am… Im not sure how long FL takes to process and ship, hopefully not too long.

I know there are some threads around and ive read a lot of them on Alternate resins for the Form 2.
My goal is avoid using FL resin as for customer pieces, dental etc I will want to, but for chess pieces, or other stuff, it seems like a good way to save a few bucks.
My question lies with the implementation of open mode. Am I correct in that the only way to “use” open mode with other resins is to fill an old tank with a resin that matches its printing profile?
Is there a list somewhere of resins that match the FL recipes for use this way?
Otherwise open mode seems somewhat worthless, is that right?

Ive read a few threads on alternatives to IPA given IPA absorbs in to parts and can crack them easily. Is there a true alternative people are using with success?

I cant tell you how excited I am to get the printer (this will be my 10th printer overall) Right now I own a form1+ clone and a Gcreate Gmax 1.5xt+. Pumped for the new pretty.

Thanks for reading this far.
be well all.

2 Likes

Thanks for the purchase; I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

If by “tank” you mean the cartridge, then no, you are mistaken. What you describe is not supported and not recommended. In particular, levelsense is tuned per-resin, so this can result in an overfilled tank. Open Mode means pouring resin into the tank by hand.