How to really clean galvanometers and small mirrors?

Hello Goodnight.

I was having problems with my form 1+.

Less than a month ago it has been completely repaired.

My first impressions and first days, my form 1+ but as it has only been 2 weeks my impressions again have problems.

My pieces fall off my platform, damaging my resin tank (luckily I check my prints and when I visualize falls or holes in my prints I make a stop, avoiding damage to my tank).

I checked my tank and I poured my resin with 190nm … I think my problem is in the mirrors, it has a light dust coat. (I find it incredible only in 2 weeks), my printer is subject to drafts (I have to protect it).

I first ask:
How can I really clean my mirrors without damaging or leaving residue?

• Big Mirror: I ordered PEC - PAD wipes. I will clean this mirror with these wipes, I will also use IPA … or is it better without it?

“But how do I clean my galvanometers?” And small mirror? in the same way?

I do not want to make a mistake that leads to horrible expense.

As a user, customer and technician I am, I think this printer technology is very reliable and safe but they have made a big mistake in not having optics.

I think that formlabs should solve our problems in 1+. I am sure that today I will clean my optics but within a time I will have the same error.

Personally I think it’s a design flaw and should have had the “dust-tightness” factor … :frowning: many of us have unnecessary problems …

It’s a good team to have that silly mistake.

Thank you very much for your attention, I await your answers and advice.

Best regards

Less than a month ago it has been completely repaired. What was done / replaced on the printer?

My first impressions and first days, my form 1+ but as it has only been 2 weeks my impressions again have problems. What is Formlabs saying the issue is now and does the printer need to be returned for repair?

I checked my tank and I poured my resin with 190nm … I think my problem is in the mirrors, it has a light dust coat. (I find it incredible only in 2 weeks), my printer is subject to drafts (I have to protect it). All Form 1 owners have this issue. This is one of the reasons the Form 2 has sealed optics.

I first ask:How can I really clean my mirrors without damaging or leaving residue?- Big Mirror: I ordered PEC - PAD wipes. I will clean this mirror with these wipes, I will also use IPA … or is it better without it? Since your printer was just repaired by FL (stated above) only follow FL’s cleaning suggestions. No need to void your warranty over something that they need to repair.

"But how do I clean my galvanometers?" And small mirror? in the same way? Again, Follow FL’s suggestions to preserve your warranty.

I think that formlabs should solve our problems in 1+. I am sure that today I will clean my optics but within a time I will have the same error. You could get a cover, I believe it is ZVat that makes a really nice one. There is someone else that has sold them in the past but unfortunately, I cannot remember who it is. This will help control dust / air flow through the printer while it is sitting idle. Some have printed with the covers on.

Personally I think it’s a design flaw and should have had the “dust-tightness” factor … :frowning: many of us have unnecessary problems … You could upgrade to a Form 2.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.