Heat with stand?

Hello, Everyone

I have a question what resin can with stand the most heat? I’m making a part for a customer that needs to with stand 175 Degrees? An help wood be awesome.

Thanks
jake

Jake,

You can find the tech data sheets for our materials here at the bottom of the page:

Jory

Jake, Just to followup on my last response::

Are you looking for Fahrenheit or Celsius? What does the part need to do at those temperatures? If it needs some stiffness, you want to look at heat deflection temperature (HDT). The highest we have is on our base resins and it is 172 °F. If you just need the part not to melt, it will go to a much higher temperature than that, as it never really melts, but we don’t have any exact data on that front.

Jory

175-200 Fahrenheit i don’t now what the part does but I now that it needs to be tough smooth and it needs to withstand 175-200 Fahrenheit your support team siad that all of your standard resin can withstand 525 degrees Fahrenheit.

Jake

Heat resistant plastic is a versatile alternative light metal, ceramics and polymers of the older generation.

DuPont is working with designers and manufacturers to help them improve their application products and systems, increase the speed of innovation, and to make the most profitable production - from automobile engines to power generation.

Providing more materials

DuPont offers one of the broadest and most advanced of the tables in heat resistant plastic industry. But not only. In addition to their excellent heat resistance and aging, DuPont elastomers also offer superior compression set resistance against aggressive media, and the thermoplastic resin materials provide ideal manufacturing productivity. Regards Debenhams Discount Code

Jake,

The resin definitely won’t “melt” at those temperatures. You can also request a sample from us here and test the plastic yourself!

Jory

Thanks for the help jory.

Jake

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.