Formlabs Dashboard shows printer offline, but jobs load and print fine

My form 2 dashboard is showing that my printer is offline though is most definitely is not because I can send jobs and successfully print. I’ve tried on chrome on a Windows 10 laptop and on safari on my mobile. When I log into the dashboard I get this…

Bump,. Any help would be much appreciated.

The first thing to try is a traceroute on the dashboard address. Usually, this will happen if there are connectivity problems between your network and Formlabs.

Just tried it with formlabs.com because Formlabs Dashboard | Formlabs returned an “unable to resolve target system name”. There were 9 results and none were over 5ms. I also checked with IT to make sure the website wasn’t blocked and the proper ports for the printer were open for communication. I’ve also updated the firmware.

Interesting.
I recently noticed that my printer has been doing the same, only to come back up sometime mid-print.

2 Likes

That sounds like there is something on Formlab’s servers that is causing the problem. Maybe a capacity issue?

So somehow I was able to get it going again. It doesn’t make much sense because I had already tried rebooting it multiple times both connected to and not connected to the ethernet cable. I tried yesterday to register it to my dashboard again and when I clicked the register button it would display a code for a fraction of a second then flash to it’s not connected to the internet even though I can ping it from my computer. So I connected it to wifi from my cell phone that is not on our network at work, but the printer still did not change it’s status. I disconnected it from the ethernet line but left it connected to the wifi network and rebooted the printer. When it came back online I could use the register to dashboard as normal so I reconnected the ethernet line and everything was still functioning correctly so I disconnected it from the wifi and verified it was all still working. Now the dashboard is functioning normally again and I am receiving print status notification texts and emails as normal. I have no idea what small hiccup this fixed, but if anyone else is experiencing the same problem it is worth a try. Thanks everyone for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.