Formlabs 2 violin

Does anyone know if it is possible to print the Violin by B Chan that was made on the Form 2 ,on a Form 1+ printer…thanks…

The parts might be too big. I know in my project I had a large part that with the Form1+ I printed in 12 parts but after upgrading to the Form2 I was able to do in 4

Thanks for the reply…I believe you are 100% right…

If you’re handy with a mesh modeling tool like Blender or Meshmixer, you should be able to cut any parts that are too large. Here’s a link to the files! I wrote this tutorial last week which goes over one of the more robust ways of cutting parts by using booleans in Blender. We also have this tutorial using simpler plane cuts that also might be well suited for this.

Well that is a way to go…I will look into it…Thanks for your help…

though realize that the more you have to split up large objects the more difficulty you will have when trying to reassemble it, the parts aren’t going to be exact so the differences will be worse when you have to do it with more parts.

I have looked at how it is presented for slicing and I think it would be difficult at best to start breaking it up…This is my first time at resin printing and I just got a Form 1+,and I guess it will be too much trouble…I have FFF printers and maybe I will try to convert the files to one of them…I will just pick another project for the resin printer…Thanks to all who tried to help…
Joe