Form2 not recognizing inserted cartridge

My Form2 has suddenly stopped recognizing that there is a resin cartridge inserted in the resin cartridge slot. This occurs with any number of cartridges that I have tried thus far. I had just changed out a spent resin tray and while the tray was trying to fill before a print it would keep indicating that the cartridge had been removed and then inserted every time the machine would try and pump a little resin into the tray. Once the print did start after about a layer or two it stopped recognizing that a cartridge was inserted and paused the print. No number or power cycles or reinsertion of cartridges seems to work…

This happened to me with 2 different printers in the past. One of them had the sensor that reads the chip in the cartridge broken. The other one looked ok, but would not read the cartridges once in a while, resulting in stopped prints overnight…
In both cases they were replaced, because changing the cartridge bottom floor did not solve the issue. Get in touch with support, they will help you troubleshoot the problem.

CPinto

I have an open ticket with support and it could possibly be a firmware issue. They are aware that some machines have been having this issue and expect the new version to fix the problem. We shall see.

New firmware just released today and problem still persists. Support ticket is still open…

I would say you have an hardware issue rather than firmware…
I don’t know exactly what happened with our first printer but changing the cartridge floor resulted in the same issue, and at the time we tested different firmware also. We tested with more than 20 cartridges and the issue was always there.
You will probably need to send back your printer…

CPinto

Same here, no improvement with new firmware 1.17.7
I have a thread open with the same topic, where I describe what I’ve already tested:

Saw your open thread Biogear and read through it all. Seems to be a much more widespread problem. If running in Open Mode is the only solution they can offer than what’s the point…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.