Form 2 shipping

We ordered our Form 2 on Sept. 22 and we have not received a single e-mail after the purchase. Now that November has come and gone, an updated delivery date would be appreciated,

@Jory, please send me a private message and I will give you our order number.

Hi @rpphobbyjim - could you please send a message to our support team so that we can look into this? Definitely a concern that you haven’t heard from us, and I’ll be glad to look into your order. Feel free to direct your message to my attention.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for all your continued excitement about the Form 2 and for your patience with the lead time. We know that the big “shipping” announcement with updated dates for your orders has been eagerly anticipated, and we look forward to fulfilling every order as quickly as possible. We are wholly committed to giving the most honest and updated information available for each of your orders so that you can plan accordingly to receive your printers. Some of you received emails with revised ship dates, and we wanted to be proactive in communicating any changes. We’re carefully monitoring our manufacturing rates and coordinating shipments in advance to minimize delays on any order.

We also have a few helpful resources while you’re awaiting printer shipments.

1. PreForm 2.0 is available, with Form 2 support and a few new or changed features (detailed release notes here). Get started now and explore One-Click Print to prepare and save your .form files.
  2. Explore our Form 2 support documentation to learn the ins and outs of the printer. If you want to know more, we’re all ears and looking forward to publishing more resources.
  3. Some of our product leads have written about the Form 2’s development in a series on Medium. We’re glad to show off some behind the scenes work.
1 Like

Stephen, do i understand correctly that we can send a print to a form1+ via a form2? wirelessly?

Sorry for any confusion on the wireless capabilities, @Francesco_Pessolano. The Form 1+ does not have any wireless capability. You still need a USB connection between a computer and a Form 1+ to set-up and start the print. If you’ve seen other information elsewhere, can you point me to this so that we can clarify?

With a Form 2 and PreForm 2.0, you may use Wi-Fi or ethernet to establish a local network connection for uploading print jobs, or you can use the same USB interface to start and upload a print. Using Wi-Fi or ethernet in combination with activating the Dashboard feature, you can also monitor print progress and data for a Form 2.

Dang. For a second i though we could attach the form1+ via usb to the form2 and use the form2 as a router.
Would have been great though

My shipping is end of February if not later. I am cancelling my spot, so I guess somebody will get it faster now.

Here is some info that might be useful to people wondering when they’ll get their Form2

I ordered mine on the morning it was announced (9/22/15) so I assume I was one of the first to order (order #100021921). On December 1st I received an email informing me that my estimated delivery will be between Dec 7th and Dec 21st. Of course it remains to be seen if that actually happens or not … but I’m very hopeful.

I don’t know if you’ll find this encouraging or not … but it’s the info I have at this time regarding my order.

I got this email yesterday from FormLabs UK (after pushing for some answers).

As above I am still sceptical as to if it will arrive given the general lack of coms from FormLabs but also seems strange that they have now been shipping for 2 weeks and no one on this forum seems to have said they have received theirs yet. Hopefully its out of politeness for all of us waiting:)

Fingers crossed and I will update you if I get any more news…

Will

Hi Will,

Your order is still estimated to be full filled some time next week. A confirmation will be send to you with tracking details.

I hope there isn’t any further delay for you.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Best regards

Elaine

Since it’s close to Dec 21 and haven’t receive any update from Formlabs other than the initial email giving “reliably” shipping estimation between Dec 7 and Dec 21. Emailed them today and I got this… This is really annoying.
My fulfillment team just provided me an update that the shipping and delivery for your order will unfortunately not happen before Christmas - I'm sorry for the continued delay.

1 Like

Does anyone agree that emailing us showing other people/companies and what they are making with the form 2 while a lot of us have to wait more than a month to get their printer is like dangling a carrot in front of the horse?

1 Like

Yes, it’s abysmal customer service.

Forcing their customers to email them, on the last day of the shipment window, to discover the status of their orders, only to then tell them that it has been delayed is incredibly disrespectful. I am now all but certain that my “delivery window” in February is going to result in a Form2 on my desk some time in June.

I had to ask several times before finally they gave me a date, which i do not believed. Since then I cancelled my order and got my refund very fast.
I was willing to be an early adopted if delivered onetime, but with all this delay and the stress on production that probably is causing (plus all these exciting news on new resign printers) … I prefer to wait till all problems are ironed out.

I’m in the Dec 7-21 window too. Having heard nothing since then and the 21st being one work day away … I have little to no confidence that it’s going to happen. Very disappointed. And I’m sure the ship date will simply pass with no word from Formlabs (as it did in November) until I initiate contact and ask for a new lie … I mean “status update”.

I have 100% confidence in this machine and what it can do for my company and I’m really looking forward to receiving it … however I have zero confidence in Formlabs as a company. For a very small company like mine, the investment in this machine is a big deal, both in terms of cash and taking my company in a new and uncharted direction. I wish I felt like I had a partner in Formlabs that would support me … but, sadly, I do not.

Well, after being given a delivery between 14-21st that has once again passed. I did chase (and to be fair I got a quick response) as they said possibly Monday shipping but for obvious reasons I am pretty sceptical if I will see this before new year!

OK, so i was wrong to be sceptical and i now have a tracking number!

So, although FormLabs coms around the delivery has been very poor they seem to be upholding the “revised” delivery dates.

I guess these might slip depending on where you live a little, so me being on a little island (UK) I prob lost a day or two in shipping.

There is hope!!

Just an update for anyone that cares. My Form2 that was ordered in the morning of the day it was announced has shipped. I should have it Monday morning. They did miss the Dec 7-21 window by a few days … but only a few days.

I’m looking forward to getting this machine in my shop and putting it to work on day 1. I’ve got a folder full of STL files I’ve been working on in anticipation of the arrival of my machine.

Finally there are some good news :slight_smile: Hope mine will ship soon.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.