Form 1 / 1+ / 2 3rd Party Resin Settings Master List

Maker Juice is very runny. I tried their FL formulated grey before and the vicosity is half that of Form labs resin.

If viscosity determines the dialectic properties of the resin, the Maker Juice is not a comparable match.

I am not a fan of maker juice. It attacks the acrylic on the resin tray.

MakerJuice resin with me has a bit of a problem of the pigment always settling, because of its really really low viscosity. Now that you said that it damages the acrylic, then itā€™s a no-no for me.

For the dielectric/conductive properties, I donā€™t think that viscosity is the main factor. I imagine that the resin behaves somehow like a short between the sensors. I suppose there are two resistive tracks and the level of the resin closes the circuit at a certain length of the tracks, therefore resulting in different resistance at different levels.
The conductivity of the resin will definitely have an impact , but with resins having similar conductive properties (I imagineā€¦) the sensor should still work and the value measured should not deviate excessively. This supposing it works the way I pictured it in my mind and that there is a certain degree of robustness.

1 Like

@Polariz3D thatā€™s about right from my understanding as well. The viscosity, I believe, relates more to how quickly it fills. The bite valve is opened for s brief time, then measured. My theory is that a similar viscosity resin (Apply Lab Works) would flow out at a similar speed.

1 Like

The material dielectric constant is being measured with a capacitive probe. If this constant is lower than formlabs resin, it will fill more.

The viscosity of the material does play a role in dispensing material(basically pressure * time). But it could also help the PDMS layer to breath more oxygen making the peel forces lower.

The fill level of photocentric resin black is about 3mm higher than formlabs resin.

Below the tool I designed and ordered. Should be ready in a few weeks.
It has a mini USB connection and only needs one press of a button to reset a tank :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well that was fast lol. Does it just reset for now or program too?

1 Like

Just reset for now.
But Iā€™ll be ordering some prototype chips too which can be flashed to any type of resin. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@fantasy2 you are a freaking beast!! Well done brother!!!

2 Likes

Sorry, dumb question:

If the location of the capacitive sensor that self-regulates the volume of resin in the tank is behind the resin tank, how would it be able to detect any type of anything since it is not in direct contact with the resin?

I just found a good article on how it works if anyone is interested (I think they are using the exact same sensor that is in the Form2):

[edit] Some more info and diagram (trying to think of ways to trick the sensorā€¦):

1 Like

Here is a bit more info on the EEPROM chip that is in each cartridge of resin (everything I list below is strictly from reading @fantasy2 's comments and a bunch of googling):

1. It is a 1024-Bit, 1-Wire EEPROM chip made by Maxim Integrated (chip ID DS2431)

2. Website: https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/products/digital/memory-products/DS2431.html

3. Datasheet: https://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/DS2431.pdf

4. Per the datasheet, the memory structure of this chip is 1024 bits of EEPROM memory partitioned Into four pages of 256 bits for each page (page 0-3). The DS2431 EEPROM array consists of 18 rows of 8 bytes each. The first 16 rows are divided equally into the four memory pages mentioned earlier (32 bytes each). These pages contain the info we are interested in. The last two rows contain protection registers and reserved bytes.

5. Using all of this info, and the work @fantasy has done, the chipā€™s memory should be looking like:

Unfortunately I havenā€™t figured out the hex yet, but this might help someone attempt to decipher it. I was wondering if the chip id is used somehow as a hash key, or XORā€™d with each row or something.

Also, @fantasy2, I noticed in the datasheet it mentions in bold ā€œAll data is read and written least significant
bit first.ā€ which Iā€™m thinking should still be ok, but I just wanted to verify that the hex output you got doesnā€™t need to be reversed or something weird.

Good luck everyone!! Letā€™s GO!!

4 Likes

Any recent progress to be noted?

No updates from me. Iā€™m waiting for parts to arrive. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah good.Iā€™m excited about the progress towards programmable chips lol.

1 Like

Hi All
Thanks for the positive feedback and results that you had with our 3Dresyns.
We would like to let you know that all our commercial 3Dresyns can be ordered now ready to print: ā€œ100% fine tunedā€ to the Form 1+ and Form 2, as well as to all Asiga and Wanhao D7 printers.
Upon request we can incorporate your chosen basic, special and/or any RAL or NCS custom color to any of our 3Dresyns, from ultra hard and tough to elastic grades.
We can also incorporate the optimum dosage of our accelerant Fine Tuners FT1 or FT2 and our light blocker Fine Tuner LB1 to save you time and ensure optimum resolution and print quality.
We will carry on selling separately our pigment pastes and Fine Tuners FT1, FT2 and LB1 for users who like to play with lower or higher color strength and with our Fine Tuner additives.

You are Welcome!

Greetings
John

2 Likes

Hi John,

Itā€™s not very clear to me how you tuned it for the Form 2. I cannot select the form 2 on your website anywhere? Does this mean this is a general tuning for all types of laser/DLP printers?

Iā€™m interested in your chemical resistant resin and saw something about a conductive resin. Are they ready to run on a form 2?

In other news: all components for the programmers arrived! :smiley:
Some testing for me to do this week and I hope to have them available in two weeks.

3 Likes

Just a quick update on the apply labwork resins. I printed a quick injection mold trial part last night and will be running it later today.

I did see some warping up from the build platform on these parts so my machine probably needs to have the platform height tuned a bit. There were no complete failures but I did notice a bit of warpage on the back side. Not an issue for this part. The print detail was excellent.

Weā€™ll see how the resin holds up under the high temperatures and stresses of injection molding. The temps are way above what the resin can handle so itā€™s not a question of if the mold will fail but when. I got about 40 or 50 parts from a Formlabs standard resin print like this.

3 Likes

Interesting with the injection molding!

Iā€™m planning to do that also, but I have no idea how to. FredB, could you say something of how you go about when you do your molding?

anyone ever have any luck with b9 resins yellow and emerald on a form 2?