Form 1 / 1+ / 2 3rd Party Resin Settings Master List

Scroll to the right: 01BA6DC1 60DA94CB 539A61B6 3F02260B and 01BA6DC6 66DA94CB 639ADEB5 9A010E0A
The first 71 characters are the same, then 16 bytes(=32 characters) have differences.

1 Like

I’m enjoying the progress of you smarter people lol

1 Like

If you had a tool that would be able to scan a new cartridge and reset it after it was refilled people would be very interested in that capability.

2 Likes

What type of microcontroller is in those? do they uses flash for storage?

If they do, due to the very small storage capacity, it’s possible that these will eventually fail,due to the NAND flash reaching it’s maximum endurance (number of writes).

So maybe one of the reason the cartridges fail after a while, is that the Form 2 keeps writing to the flash, eventually burning it out, at which point it’s no longer usable.

1 Like

Is it safe to assume that there are three separate variables/values encoded in the hex output (separated by the “
FFFFFFFF
”) ?

That can be done. :slight_smile: Nice and small USB device that you can slide in. But I need to make about 5 tools to make it economical.

The memory is spec’d at 200k+ write cycles. The F2 doesn’t write continuously to it, only after printing. I program a lot of microcontrollers where 10k+ cycles is normal. It takes a very long time before reaching that already and usually they can handle more.

The only reason for these cartridges to fail is that the dispense amount is limited by the software.

There are two spaces used, indeed separated by empty cells(0xFF). The last few bytes are not user programmable but I wanted to know what was in it.

By the way, I think I can make a small controller that emulates the chip as well. You have to cut away a bit of plastic and glue the emulator in place of the original chip. This way you can get any tank behave like a black V1 cartridge.

2 Likes

This is where FL could step in and make a few bucks by selling blanks and programmers for 3rd party.

1 Like

@fantasy2

Since you said before the print your cartridge was at 1442.2 mL, and after it read 1443.8 mL (an increase of 1.6 mL), so is the mL portion of the hex indicating the amount of resin that has been printed? Like it is a counter that keeps on going up? Also, how did you get the exact mLs (ie. 1442.2 and 1443.8)?

PS Really, really digging your work right now. Please continue!

Yes exactly. It is stored in the chip but it’s most likely encrypted or something. I have not spent enough time trying to decode the memory. But this doesn’t matter if you reset the same chip. I’ve read the exact milliliters by sniffing printer data on my local network.

If anyone is interested in a programming device, I’m happy to make a few. Costs are probably somewhere around 40$(including shipping worldwide).

I have investigated a bit on making a chip so you could convert any cartridge to the desired resin type and reset this chip forever and this is possible as well. Costs are estimated around 10-15$ per chip and they are just a drop-in replacement.

Please let me know if anyone is interested(and how many)! Then I can start making them. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Teach me how to use it and I’d say I’m down :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

Yes please. I have a couple used cartridges for donor chips if I would need them.

I also have some donor chips, namely:

Grey V3
Grey V2
Clear V2

Alright, I’ll order the components to build programming devices :slight_smile:

Today I managed to reset two fully empty tanks to full without having the initial data. So even used Black V1 tanks can be reset now. I’m doing a test print at the moment to confirm the data
 All good so far!

I filled the cartridge with photocentric resin, to see if it works better with the wiper installed.

1 Like

Once you get to where I can tell my grey V3 cartridges they are black V1
take my money lol.

2 Likes

But the photocentric resin has different electric resitivity, and form2 will display error message. How will you deal with it? or did I miss something?

As long as it is close and the viscosity is close, it should work in theory> It just maybe not be exact on usage and filling. That’s what we’re all here for, to test. FL isn’t going to open it up for us. We’re free labor and research.

1 Like

Well then it probably is not gonna work. for the first a few hundred milliliters, you can fill up the cartridge without resetting the chip. Yes I already tried makerjuice resin and the printer rejected. after filling a certain amount, the machine said something is wrong with the resin.

Anyway your work is like solving one of the two big problems ahead. I’m really excited about the progress you are making.

Yes, you can refill for a limited amount of times. I think someone said they cartridge gets locked out after like 3 liters. I haven’t tried any of the other resins yet, but I have been gathering info for ApplyLabWorks resins and they seem to be the closest match in terms of physical properties. I’m hopeful.

2 Likes

That’s going to be a challenge. We need someone with hash/encryption knowledge. But I’ll work on alternative chips in parallel too which can be programmed to any type of resin.

Nope, it just works. It only fills the tank a bit more.

Did you try that with an empty tank? Try filling it first yourself and let the machine top-up only. It works with photocentric resin

Maybe I can work on producing new bite valves as well or see how we can relax the material(by heating?) so they are as new to mitigate the risk of leakage.

1 Like

Yes I did start wiith an empty tank/cartridge. but that’s terrific if it works with photocentric. Maybe the color could matter too. (mine was makerjuice black.)