First prints - Bracelet and 1:48 scale floor anvil

Received my Form 1+ Monday, Tuesday I did these prints. Not a issue at all. It came up running and off I went.

2 Likes

What an odd combination of items to print!

No, when you understand the business I’m in. The bracelet was a test, the second print on the new machine. I wanted to make sure I wasn’t any issues.

The Anvil is a product print. I manufacture scale models. My company is Rusty Stumps scale Models. I will be printing in 1:48, 1:64 and1:87 scales of most all items I print. If you look real close at the foot off the anvil you will see that the mounting holes also printed right through the part. I’m not sure I have a drill that small.

• Walt

Walt

I printed O Scale vents this morning. I am printing HO vents now. I am a S Scaler for my own modeling.

These are the S Scale vents. They are for the side of a ventilated boxcar.

Bill

Looking good Bill, Are you in the business?

I designed and printed, in O, S and HO scales, a wall thickness
test print. It goes from 3/8”, ½”, ¾”, 1”,… on up to 12 inches. Is 24” wide and
the walls are 24” high. This was to see what the thinnest wall I can print and
what’s the thinnest that will support itself.
All wall segments printed completely in HO scale. The first four
are like tissue paper but there are there and complete. I think I got a pretty
good printer seeing it’s a “refub”.

• Walt

Walt

This all started 8 years ago making parts for me. Lately I am selling a few items here and there to help pay for the goop.

LOTS of stuff is not on this page - very outdated.

Solidworks Modeling

The HO vent turned out pretty well and I just announced it is for sale.

Bill

Bill,

It’s my retirement business, Rusty Stumps Scale Models, that ls. I only have SS so I need an income. We operate out of our living room and dining room with some in the garage. I’ve been building a lot of my stuff by hand but this is going to help a lot even if it’s just base pieces to add detail to. Drawing the detail and making the whole thing into a solid object is way too time consuming. I’ve been at it 11 years. We ship all over the World.

• Walt