Exporting list of models and scaling [Preform feature request]

Howdy!

I’d love for there to be a way to export a list of parts in a .form file with scaling and rotation factors used as well as the ml of resin used for the model and the supports. Would be really handy for billing and keeping track of what’s been printed and what hasn’t.

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. What output format would be most useful? I could imagine a menu item to export to a file, or selecting a bunch of models, copying, and being able to paste into a spreadsheet…

that sounds perfect. I’d be happy with CSV, copy and paste would work just fine too.

I could imagine a button near the top of the model list view, that, when clicked (also invokable by menu), pops out the model list view into a window with a selectable/copyable table of order, filename, scale, r[x], r[y], r[z], model ml, support ml, support type, and so forth.

2 Likes

What about this request ?
Still relevant for us in the 2022

Hi @Rimsa,

The Data Export feature in Dashboard (see Accessing print data) may be useful in this regard.

The data export is not useful for the intended purpose.
We are asking for option to export FULL LIST OF ALL THE BODIES/OBJECTS in the print file
This would greatly help to better manage overall printing process.

Hi @Rimsa,

Thank you for the clarification. While I don’t believe there is currently a streamlined way of doing this, I appreciate you and others sharing feedback about this feature request. Our Software team is continually working on adding new features to PreForm, so keep an eye out for future updates.