Downgrading the latest firmware ( Firmware 1.13.4 - April 19, 2017 )

Hello everybody.
I have upgraded firmware of my form2 to the latest version( Firmware 1.13.4 - April 19, 2017 ).
I used open mode before upgrading. I didn’t have any problem back then.but now that I upgraded the firmware the printer just prints the first layer and it doesn’t continue & there is no error message appearing on the touch screen. can I downgrade the firmware to the previous version? and if the response is yes could any one please guide me how I can find the link to download to previous firmware version ( Firmware 1.12.11 - March 3, 2017 )

Thanks alot

it prints just the first layer as I said and won’t continue

Not sure it’s the Firmware as I also upgraded mine just the other day and it ran perfectly on two projects.
Contact FormLabs Support on this.

Sto avendo lo stesso problema in open mode.

Firmware updates are meant to improve the reliability and performance of your machine so it’s often best practice to troubleshoot issues in the current version rather than downgrading. I’ve reached out to our support team and one of our members will be in touch over email so that we can help to troubleshoot. This also helps us to track bugs internally and identify whether other issues are running into similar issues.

I know these & because of these advantages I installed last firmware. but when the machine doesn’t work especifically after I installed new firmware so the qualification force me to downgrade the firmware.

I have just encountered this exact same error. Have you had any luck yet?

A fix for this is live in the newest firmware update 1.13.5 @zomorrodjewelry @Denco. Thanks for reporting this and let me know if you run into any trouble with the latest update!

you are welcome.Thanks alot for your attention.
we have problem in z-axis.
when we print jewelry models we have some errors in z-axis. for example. we designed the thickness of a necklace in z axis 0.6 mm but after print we meassure and it is 0.70 mm. it has atleast +0.1 mm error and it is bad for us.
we have this problem when we print ii open mode & also with castable v02 resin. could you please help us?

Castable Resin should hold tolerances of approximately 100 microns over more than 80% of the model but greater deviations can occur for some geometries. Generally, you can achieve slight increases in precision of certain features with different orientations, but achieving tolerances less than 100 microns across your model might be challenging.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.