Dental SG Resin, no color change

Hello!

I’m using Dental SG resin, but I’m not seeing the yellow -> orange color change that’s supposed to happen after post-curing and sanitizing. I’m not using a Form Cure, but rather a bio-safety cabinet with a UV light and then autoclaving. I assumed that the high autoclave temperature would take care of the needed post-cure heat. Any recommendations for how to get the color change without a Form Cure? Also, anyone know to what degree the bio-compatibility is hindered by a lack of color change? (NOTE: I am not using these prints for dentistry)

Thanks!

The heat should be applied AS you expose it to UV. ( Ideally, the lights should come on After the part has achieved the proper temperature )

Heating the resin AFTER it cures has less effect on its properties, because the resin is already cured by the UV.

DentalSG needs light and heat together for a full post-cure, and the lack of color change likely means that the parts aren’t being fully cured. Parts that don’t reach the recommended curing specification cannot be guaranteed for bio-compatibility. There’s an instructions for use document on this page that you should check out for minimum cure specification.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.