Default Supports Settings

In case you’re like me and worried abut changing the default settings under the ‘Create Supports’ / ‘Advanced Settings’ menu, I am providing what I believe are the default settings (in case I ever need to return to them):

Base Height: 1.70

Support Height: 4.50

Touch Point Size: 0.70

Distance from Model: -0.10

Support Size: 2.00

Tip Relative Length: 0.90

Spacing(mm): 2.75

Slop Factor: 0.60

If you ever need to return to the default setting here’s your numbers. Hope this helps.

if you add another object with no support then the default settings will be there

Hey Formlabs.  How about a “default” button to restore the default settings as and when we have messed them up.  Might save on the support calls…  EVEN better, let us save user setting profiles with a name so we can restore successful configs (and even share them on the forum).

@Alan, an option to reset to default settings seems very typical for many devices. Good observation.

I just updated my Perform software to Version 0.8.4.  It looks like this version of the software has new default settings:

(Material: Clear 0.05 mm)

Base Height: 2.00

Support Height: 4.50

Touch Point Size: 0.70

Distance from Model: -0.10

Support Size: 2.00

Tip Relative Length: 0.90

Spacing(mm): 3.50

Slop Factor: 0.60

Have people been having better results with thicker base heights?

In the past, I’ve reduced base height to as short as 1.2mm for some parts to make part removal from the platform easier.

I’ve reduced the thickness as well.  Not sure what advantage a 2mm thick base would have.  I’ve also found with most models I can reduce the number of supports drastically, (but not every model…)

Great, default button from 0.9.0 !

BTW, are there any illustrated new-support-system parameters’ manual?  Help page:

https://support.formlabs.com/entries/23388496-Set-Up-Your-Print#generate-supports

does not provide parameters detail.

I could understand and adjust each parameters of former version, but I’m not sure of new system.