Dashboard

Hello there,
We use multiple Form 2 printer to do production.
The dashboard is cool to montior some things but we need to monitor also how much resin each tank has printed.
I know we can export the data but this is difficult as it doesn’t tell which cartridge or tank was loaded for that particular print.
Any chance on updating this feature and maybe also being able to hover on top of the tank and see how much it has printed?
That would be great!

Tank heat maps approximate which parts of a tank have seen the most exposure. This helps to identify when a tank has been overused and lets you know which areas to avoid. Would adding total printed resin volume be useful in addition to the heat maps?

Hi @Frew,
Yeah, tank heat maps is cool but is missing a couple things:

1. scale with colours. Instead of being monochrome, use multiple colours. That’s the best way to represent anything. Then put a map key which tells each colour how many laser exporuses it represents.
  2. liters of resin just to have a idea of how much we’ve printed on it anyway.
1 Like

I agree that having liters of resin printed per tank would be useful. The heat map is the most important thing, but knowing how much resin was used could help plan out resin and tank ordering. If I see that I am replacing tanks every X liters that helps me incorporate that consumable into per-part pricing and if I expect to use 2X liters per month I can be sure to have enough tanks in stock.

As a general rule, in my experience anyway, a Resin Tank is good for about 2L. I’ve pushed a couple of tanks further than that, but only because I didn’t have a new tank on hand, and results were iffy, which is why I generally retire a tank after 2L.

I suspect that what you print has some effect. I print a lot of objects with thin walls and narrow gaps between features, and these things degrade sooner than the larger/thicker features. Which makes sense. The tank gets cloudy with use, the laser is diffused by the cloudiness, the light hitting the resin is blurry, smaller features suffer from being “out of focus”…