Clicking noise upon layer bed retraction

As title says, my Form 3, which is a couple years old now and runs every day, is making a clicking noise. It happens when the bed retracts upon changing a layer and the mixing bar sweeps across the resin tank. It seems to occur just after the mixing bar appears to be fully parked. It does not happen every time the mixing bar parks, but most of the time.
Apparently this is a known issue? Is there any way to fix it?
Video of Form 3 clicking

Hi @Legrand,

Thank you for reaching out about this. As an initial step, I would recommend Updating the printer’s firmware. If the same issue persists on the latest firmware, please get in touch with our Support Team and share this video for them to narrow this down further.

I was curious if there was a solution to this. My Form3B started the clicking momentarily, and then it would print. But now it’s clicking constantly in setup and it never gets to the print cycle. It fails and I get a an error code 168. (i think it’s 168)
My first thought was that a lead-screw sensor is gummed up with dripped resin, but as far as I can tell, there are no micro-switches or optical sensors. And i’m not sure if the sound of clicking is coming from one of the motor servos or the bed servo.
I would be grateful for any advice.

Hi @mwbarre1,

Based on your description, it’s possible that the error code you had seen was error 169. If that is the case, I would recommend following these steps to recalibrate the printer’s tank mixer sensor. If the problem persists, getting in touch with Support and sharing a video would be the best way to tackle the issue.