Clear Resin - Print failure

Do they have any clue why this is happened? I don’t think this should happened in a normal use, no?
its looks like a mechanical damage like something hit it somehow.

Sorry. I don’t know the reason. I have not received any explanation from formlabs.

Is there a way to buy these directly from manufacturer as i suppose FL will not sell them seperately since they don’t considder this as a consumable? They did not want to sell resin tray sensor for same reason but that one is laying around here meanwhile (thx to this board!)…

Can you share the identifaction nrs on the item? Maybe that’s a start to source it.

Thank you
Wim

The galvo is made by formlabs and you can’t buy it anywhere else.

I don’t know how the mirror is fixed to the motor but I’m thinking of moving the mirror a bit up or down so the laser wont fall on the damaged area.

Status update:

The Formlabs support send the cleaning method + free of charge cleaning kit. I have all the materials required to clean so I’ve performed the cleaning. The optic test went much better but still some deviation from the send model. The 4 parts located in the corners is still a bit conical. The middle parts missing the smallest pin from all 4 that was in the model.

Send the results to formlabs support, hope there is another trick that we can do to fix this.

Here are the results:

1 Like

That looks pretty typical and I’d say the cleaning process was a success!

Nice it looks much better. So what did you have to clean? Was it the galvo?

There are 3 mirror in the machine, 2 very small mirrors (called the Galvo Mirror), about 5mm X 7mm that each of them connect to a very accurate motor, The last mirror (Main Mirror) is a very large one located below the glass of the machine, you can see it if you remove the LT tank , its almost the same diameter as the glass but is placed with angle to the glass.

I haven’t took a picture of it so here is the picture from the cleaning manual:

It was not much of a work and it was dusty for sure, I could see the dust on the large mirror. I’ve took advantage on the process and also clean the glass from below, it was much more easier then to disassemble it from the top. and some other plastic and metal parts that was covered by the aluminium cover.

3 Likes

Thanks! Happy that you have a machine now up and running!

Thanks, I did some printing and the clear resin models looking good.

Was able to print 1mm hole with no issues.

Thanks for the help everyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.