Build platform 2 stuck prints

“Buy a build platform 2! The prints just pop right off!”

Hi @nsayer,

I’m sorry to hear about the difficulty you encountered with part removal on your Build Platform 2. To allow parts to release easier, I would recommend following the guidelines in Printing with the Build Platform 2 such as overlapping parts with smaller rafts together. With that said, if similar issues persist, please get in touch with our Support Team for them to assist further.

1 Like

It just would. not. come. off. I finally had to use a random-orbit sander and hundred grit paper to get rid of it.

Hi @nsayer,

I wanted to follow up on this and offer a few more suggestions. It’s likely that the print is overadhering due to the printer’s Z-axis calibration. I would recalibrate the Z-axis following Fine Tuning Formlabs LFS printers, and if the initial calibration does not help, you could add a manual offset starting with ~300 microns or so. Having the build platform not lower quite as much into the tank will prevent prints from getting overly stuck to the build platform.

Is this that funny print that is a rectangle with a bunch of holes in it and a plug that you test in each hole to find the best fit?

I did that once and it came up that the “0” offset was the correct answer, for what it’s worth. It has been a while, though, and I didn’t run that test specifically with white resin.

Hi @nsayer,

That would be the Fit Tuning calibration which is a different procedure. Fit Tuning affects X/Y dimensional fit, but has no effect on the Z-axis. The Z-axis calibration I mentioned offsets how far down the build platform lowers into the resin tank. By raising this offset value, the build platform will lower slightly less far into the tank, which will prevent the early layers of the print from being cured too strongly to the build platform.

Please note that for best results, you would want to make sure that the build platform itself, the print surface, and the area between the print surface and the build platform should be cleaned before running the calibration. This will ensure that the printer can judge the most accurate offset for the Z-axis.

Ok. I’ll try it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.