Broken models and rough

sorry, but the technical support in Italy is non-existent. I have a problem with my printer Form 2, purchased less than a month ago. Several models have come out and broken, virtually all, have streaks that make it unusable model. I am attaching photos. Advise, because we do not know how to continue and we are thinking of changing your printer. Thank you

Do you have a ticket open with our support team? Our EU team is experiencing high ticket volume currently but we always work to troubleshoot as quickly as we can. If you upload a few pictures of the issues you’re experiencing, we’re always happy to try and help out on the forums.

If you regularly print things like that then you’re likely wearing down the tray very quickly since that’s a lot of surface area.
The broken print is likely an issue with not having enough supports. The lines I’m thinking are caused by a tray that needs to be replaced where the layers are sticking a bit to it which can make them become misaligned.

1 Like

I agree with the comment above, you will wear resin tray down rather quickly, its something to be aware of, but the other issue of cracking is down to a lack of support. You need have a lot more on the flat side, look like you only have three at the moment.

1 Like

thanks for the advice, but they are the first prints that we do on this machine. everything is practically new! The work produced by the software automatically. We are not changing anything. It 's all it created by the software with standard values …

@novadental I think your supports are fine. I print these type of dental models all the time and use as little as 9 supports. This looks like your resin tank needs attention. After any print failure where the print is missing a part, always strain your resin using a 190 mesh paper funnel and check the tank for any marks or clouding. The Form 2 needs to be CLEAN. No fingerprints or marks on any transparent surface. I suggest you clean everything and try the same print again after rotating the job 90 degrees. (This prevents wear in the exact same footprint over and over)

1 Like

How much have you printed in the resin tray? I have had results exactly like what you are showing from a resin try that I used too much. I would bet you have a cloudy resin tray.

If you are printing with smaller layers and thick items (in the z-axis) your tank can get cloudy pretty quickly. I’m guessing the $59 for a tray is less important than wasted time and parts on the machine. I have started to err on the side of caution and use a fresh tray very quickly.

1 Like

Hello, thank you for the advice. These are the first jobs completed with the new Form 2. The tray is new, the resin is new, the machine is new !!! Nothing has deteriorated !!!

I don’t like how the software auto generates supports. It always places supports at the edge of the print. In your case, you need to move these supports to the back so the piece doesn’t move in the printer.

1 Like

standard settings works for the majority of prints. however. that part definitely needs more supports.been there had the same problem.added more supports problem solved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.