Add 3D mouse support to PreForm

As others have said, it’s much more efficient. It might not be a big deal for some people, but those who spend a lot of time adding and tweaking supports on complex models, it can save quite a bit of time.

2 Likes

Installed. Used. Much appreciated, thank you.

Daaaang!!! Finally! Thanks guys!

As you can see, I was serious when I said it was time to build it :smiley:. Have you given it a try?

4 Likes

Thanks for the integration of the 3D-Mouse Support. After testing i came to the conclusion that the 3D Mouse received more Power than the standart mouse. With the 3D-Mouse it is possible to turn the view by 180° so you can see the parts exactly in that way like they would hang in the machine. Would be good if the standart mouse could offer the same.

3 Likes

I’ve only played with it a bit, but beside my initial enthusiasm at getting this long craved feature was a niggle that rotation seems a little off.

I’ve just realised why, the centre of rotation seems to be dynamic, and there’s no visual cue for where it is.

Could we have a centre of rotation marker option, and the ability to set the centre of rotation by selecting a point on the surface of a model?

You wouldn’t have to change the PreForm UI, you could just make them “API hooks” that were available from the 3D Connexion buttons config - ie here:

speaking of which - those hooks don’t seem to work at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks for all of the feedback! We wanted to get you some basic support for the 3D mouse and then hear your ideas about what would make it better. So keep them coming!

4 Likes

FAN-TASTIC !!!

(I’m also 100% with Kevin Holmes regarding center of rotation.)

But really : THANKS !!!

1 Like