Ability to schedule print by end time

Since parts often take a long time to print, it would be useful if I could ask the software to end by a scheduled time. That way I could leave the house in the morning and ask it to finish by 7pm for example. The software would calculate by how much time to delay the print start time so that it ends by the scheduled time when I expect to be back.

2 Likes

Hi Marc!

Thanks for the feature suggestion.

Just so you know, a completed print does not have to be removed from the platform right away. The orange cover on the Form 1 blocks UV light, so leaving a finished print on the build platform (even an entire day) won’t damage it.

I actually prefer to leave the print for an hour or so to allow extra resin to drip off the part.

1 Like

That is great to know, thanks!

Of course, the cover blocks UV, but does it block 100% ? and what will be Temperature issue? Does resin polymerize itself by heat, isn’t it? And by the chemistry, oxidation often induces polymerization or fouling of resin as well.
Someone says it is negligible difference, but no one can say there is 0 difference.
So, I think the best way for the print accuracy is, that you take the printed part immediately after print finishes.

“A scheduled printing start” function will be very useful, which can be activated as an option by administrator, in my opinion.

2 Likes