4th print of the Form 3L - Large (600mm) ship model

Hi

Finalised this model. Printed in only 2 parts on the Form 3L. Love this machine. :blush:

5 Likes

You need the coke can for scale :stuck_out_tongue: although most of us are used to the removal tools for reference hehe

How do you wash something this big?

With lots of IPA :grimacing:

2 Likes

Beautiful as usual! Love seeing what you folks are doing with the 3L. :slight_smile:

WOW! Your making me wish mine was here!

Can’t wait to get it!

GRRRR

I’m expecting my 3L soon, really excited :grin:

:clap:
Mini rafts?!? Brave!!!
That’s regular gray resin?

Have you noted much warping on parts this size? I’m looking to print large two-part molds and I need them to fit precisely together.

No warping

Did this require any significant reworking to keep from warping? We’ve never been able to get something of this size to print without significant part warping.

Hi

Back then I had no issues but started having some issues now with the new support structure. Seems optimized for smaller parts. Need increase supports and point size now to keep large parts stable.

This is what I see too. I’m only using Legacy supports now. I’ve done a whole bunch of testing and sent all the findings to Formlabs, but their engineering team doesn’t believe this problem is real which is kind of dissapointing…no effort on their side to see if they could reproduce my issues.

If you have time, I’d highly encourage you to document your issues and send it to them as well so there’s more push on this.

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this. As @leonhart88 mentioned, reporting the issues to our Support team will help get more eyes on this and ultimately yield the best possible resolution. As an initial troubleshooting step for the warping, isolating whether warping happens during printing or during post-processing would also help narrow down the issue.

The warping issue is real. Like ALLonScale says increase the supports. I too have reverted to legacy.

1 Like

@Titon please, please, bug support about this if you haven’t already. I really want the engineering team to take this seriously. Nobody should be resorting to using legacy settings. My concern is that they’re going down a poorly chosen path that isn’t benefiting real world users.

The fact that I see increased failure percentage and am forced to either use legacy or increase support size/density is not in the direction of improvement IMO.

2 Likes

I will do that sir.

1 Like

:pray: thank youuuu

Same here. Regularly reported to FL.

1 Like

I hope they take this seriously…being forced to use legacy just doesn’t make sense…although it’s super reliable which is nice :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well tried the new supports again only to have them fail. This is with a new tank as well. I had to stop the print since the one side broke completely away from the supports. Once side finished ok. I used defaults on everything and these are not heavy pieces. You know what’s really sad is my Form2 is still the most reliable. Every time I attempt a Form 3L print I end up with an issue.