Winston Churchill & more Mega Plush

Hi guys, So I had sent my printer back to get upgraded, and just received my Form1+ back a few days ago. Couldn’t wait to get started printing again.

I had two things ready to go straight away.

The first was a image i remembered seeing along time ago, and always wanted as a real object. A bust of Winston Churchill. I reached out to the artist Tomas Kral, and asked if he would share the model for me to print, he said yes, so thank you to him for sharing his great work. You can see the original sculpt and renders here - https://www.behance.net/gallery/5481189/Winston-Churchill - you must agree it is awesome.

So here is the final print I made -

As well as this I had a model of The Mega Tiger ready to print just as my old machine got sent back for update, so I have just finished printing and painting that too. Check him out -

Hope you enjoy, and hopefully more 3d prints coming soon.

Cheers
Matt

17 Likes

Wow, these are incredible!

Thanks Jory, glad you dig them.

Amazing finishing on these prints @MattBurniston!

Did you use a dry brush technique with bronze base? Beautiful paint finish on the pigeon!

-eric

Great work @MattBurniston !

Thanks Eric & Steve, glad you like it. I have it on my desk and love looking at it every day.

As for the paint, I do a base coat of black. then use Rub’n’buff to dry brush the bronze effect over it. Hope that helps.

Cheers
Matt